Thursday, November 17, 2011

snow-doh...

I've always wanted to make my own play-doh.  For some reason I always pictured it as something that would be hard to do.  Turns out I was wrong. 

It's actually pretty easy and you probably have everything you need already.

Here's the recipe I used...

1 Cup Flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup water
food coloring (where rubber gloves so you don't stain your hands while mixing)

Heat the oil in a pot. Remove from the heat and add food coloring and water. Stir in all other ingredients. Continue to cook over low heat until mixture is firm, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat, and set clay mixture on wax paper to cool.
Store in an airtight container.

Note... I didn't use the food coloring for the batch I made.  We left it white and added glitter until we thought it looked pretty.


We started to make these snowmen with it.  Can't wait to finish them.



Happy Thursday!!

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet snowman. Are you going to dry them? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi.. stopping by from debbiedoos. I love your snowman. And the recipe seems super easy! Ill have to try it soon. I would love for you to link this up to my friday link party going on now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest idea! I love what you've made and thanks for giving us the recipe! I'm here from Debbie's, too! Have fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete