Monday, November 7, 2011

it's snowing bokeh...

I love bokeh.  Love, love, love it.  I also love Starbucks Peppermint Mocha and wait every year for it's return.  If you have never had one of these give yourself a little treat this holiday season {you deserve it}. 

There happens to be a Starbucks in the Target I shop at.  It's a perfect spot.  I mean it's evil.  I mean I love that it's there.  It's a love-hate relationship {smile}.

The cups they use this time of year are also adorable, which leads me to the my first photo.



Yes, I broke out one of the Christmas trees I display over the holiday season.  But in my defense... I am having my third shoulder surgery this year today and needed to have a few things done.  Plus, Christmas tree lights make me happy.

Anyway, this photo was taken to show you normal light bokeh.  This is one of my favorite things to take pictures of.

Now, check out this cool bokeh.



Look closely.  Ahhhh....snowflake bokeh.  How you ask?  Very easily.  I took a scrap piece of paper, cut out a small snowflake using my cricut.  While taking the picture I just placed the piece of paper directly in front of my lens and started shooting. 

You could also use a shaped paper punch if that's what you have on hand.  And use what shape that makes you happy.  The possibilities are endless.

So get yourself a Peppermint Mocha and start shooting some holiday shaped bokeh.

Happy Monday and have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment