Monday, October 24, 2011

wooooo went the wind and out went the lights....

Picking pumpkins is one of my favorite things to do.  It screams fall to me.  I have a very vivid memory of going to the pumpkin patch when I was a kid.  One time sticks out in particular {I had to be younger than five} and I remember standing in the middle of the pumpkin patch crying because all the pumpkins were dirty.  I of course wanted a clean one {smile}. 


~ left one belong to child # 2, middle one is child # 3 and right child #1~

This is our final creation the kids did on Saturday night.  Isn't it cool how they turned out so differently ?

p.s.  I've read several places that spraying the insides of the pumpkin with lemon juice help keeps it fresh longer.  We tried it and I'll keep you posted.

While writing this blog I have found so many inspirational blogs that I don't even know where to start.  But one caught my eye in particular.  It's a place where she lets "newbies" shine.  Check it out if you have a second.  And if you are also a "newbie" like me join in.

Happy Monday !!


2 comments:

  1. It is cool how they turned out differently. They should since they are their own person. How fun! Thanks for sharing! I am off to follow you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party. Glad you found it and look forward to seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete