Monday, January 23, 2012

hodge podge...

What a fun weekend we had.  The kids had off on Friday for their 91st day of school.  This day marks the end to the second marking period for them.  Wow, I can't believe this school year is half way over.  I swear when they start school their lives just start flashing before our eyes {sad face}.

To mark the half way point we took them snow tubing.  I of course had to sit at the bottom and not participate thanks to my stupid shoulder.  But on the bright side it always lets me get some great photos.


















They almost had the place to themselves.  Going on a Friday morning was perfect.  And what made it even nicer was that there was no walking back up the hill.  After the trip down they got on the magic carpet and it delivered them back at the top of the hill.  We need something like that in our backyard {smile}.










My husband even had a great time with them.  Although he did say it was a little scary {lol}.

























This is the youngest, he of course was the first to come down on his stomach.  No fear I tell ya!

Sunday morning we were up at the crack of dawn for a wrestling tournament.


















We left the house before the sun was up.  Sadly I had to leave my nice cozy bed and slippers behind in exchange for hard, cold uncomfortable bleachers for the next five hours.  And in the end I would have traded my bed for those bleachers any day.  He finally got his first PIN!!!!  I would not have wanted to miss that for any pair of flannel pajamas.


















Now don't get me wrong, the poor kid lost three of his four matches, but he gets up and goes right back out there.  This is so hard for me to watch, but his drive and let's give it another try attitude make me so proud of him!

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment