Friday, December 16, 2011

twinlke twinkle little star...

I just can't keep up the way I would like to these days.  Does anyone else have this  problem?  Please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem.  This time of year I wish you could just put it in slow gear and take off the cruise control. 

We did get to spend two night this past week enjoying our kids Christmas concerts.  The oldest plays the french horn.  I never played a instrument, well that's not exactly true.  I did try the violin in grade school but the teacher told me she thought it was best if I didn't pursue it any further.  What?  I loved that violin and nobody played Twinkle Twinkle Little Star like I did.  Looking back maybe that was the issue {smile}.

The youngest sang a couple songs at his concert.  They were so adorable singing All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth.  The middle child escaped without having to do anything this year.

Back to the french horn.  I walk, actually sometimes trip passed this thing everyday.  It's beautiful.  It draws my in.  I want to make beautiful music come out of it like my daughter does.  How does she make it look so easy?  Here's the thing, I am a very competitive person, anyone who knows me knows this about me.  Several times now in the trance of this beautiful instrument calling my name I have tried to get a note out of it.  Just one note that's all I'm asking for and I just can not do it.  I don't defeat easily but that horn beats me every time.  So I guess I'll have to just enjoy the music my daughter magically plays.



















Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment